/h r ‘jen(ə)rələst/
(n.) someone who takes on a new challenge every day; a super-star who effectively manages a broad range of responsibilities across all human resource functions with a focus on creating & maintaining an extraordinary company culture.
The HR Generalist reports to the President & collaborates cross-functionally with the entire team to lead employee engagement & retainment as well as talent recruitment & onboarding initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the full hiring process including developing job descriptions, recruiting & assessing candidates, scheduling interviews, creating job offers & onboarding new employees.
- Administer payroll & a comprehensive employee benefits package.
- Promote a culture aligned with the company’s core values to improve organizational performance & inspire employee engagement. Conduct regular surveys to monitor employee satisfaction.
- Develop & implement employee performance review methods, processes & tools.
- Serve as a subject matter expert & resource for employee relations throughout the organization.
- Establish employee programs, policies & procedures in compliance with all relevant labor & employment laws.
- Provide administrative support including data entry, filing, copying, faxing, answering phones, & scheduling meetings.
- As we continue to evolve, your responsibilities will continue to evolve; including learning & adapting to software advancements.
ESSENTIALS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2 years of Human Resources experience.
- Knowledge of all functional areas of HR, including recruiting, employee relations, benefits & payroll administration.
- Understanding of all relevant local, state & federal employment laws & practices.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite & QuickBooks, with an interest in learning & applying new software & technology.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with an ability to effectively interact with individuals across all organizational levels.
- Interest in a changing environment, learning & gaining new knowledge & job flexibility.
- Self-starter who works well with others, emulates a positive attitude, provides quality customer service, works productively & thinks critically with complex problem solving & evaluation skills.
- Ability to multi-task & excel under changing conditions on a variety of projects. Maintains accuracy & efficiency under pressure, prioritizes & works flexibly to meet deadlines.
- BA or BS degree business management or related.
- Demonstration of new processes or projects implemented with little to no prior knowledge.
- Advanced accounting, human resource management, or advanced office operations experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
THE BORING STUFF
Reports To: President
Benefit Classification: Hourly, Full-time
Education/Work Experience: All encouraged to apply. We’re excited to hear how your education & work experiences were unique & how you excelled.
- Ever-changing/adapting environment
- Competitive wage
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- Medical/Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- S.A. (Health Savings Account)
- Direct Deposit
- Bereavement Pay